Muffins are always a great choice for breakfast because you can grab and go. A little butter, jam and you have an amazing zucchini muffin breakfast choice. Of course, you can always enjoy them plain too!
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree’s.
2) Spray 2 – 12 top muffin tins with vegetable spray and set aside until ready to use.
3) Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together to incorporate, scraping down the sides as needed. I prefer making these by hand but you can certainly make them using your stand mixer.
4) Fill the muffin tins half way to 3/4 quarters full until all of the batter is used. If desired, you can make 1 large loaf too.
5) Transfer the zucchini muffins to the preheated oven for approximately 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked through. Every oven is different so to ensure they are cooked through, I use a simple toothpick method to determine if the muffins are fully cooked through.
6) When baked through, remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the muffin tins before removing. Serve with butter and your favorite jam. Enjoy!